Pages

20 June 2014

#TGPNPC What Was I Thinking Buying It : Day 26 of The Neverending Pile Challenge

Pin It
Hi lovelies,

I rarely regret buying a polish because I check out a lot of swatches before I buy something. However, we all go wrong sometimes. And my mistake turned out to be KPT Blood as Thick as Gold.
KPT Blood as Thick as Gold (cold colour) stamped
KPT describes it as "a beautiful rich blood red thermal polish transition to a peach that is filled with gold glass flecks with the additional micro gold shimmer."
KPT Blood as Thick as Gold and Colorbar Mauve Like Me
This polish didn't come cheap and the warm colour looked awful on me. And, I expected the cool transition (seen in  to be 'blood' red as described. But the colour above is what I got. Like I said, my city remains hot most time of the year, so I tried to make it work by layering it over Colorbar Mauve Like Me.
KPT Blood as Thick as Gold and Colorbar Mauve Like Me stamped
I did a skittlette by painting KPT BATAG on the ring finger and painting the other nails with the mauve creme. I then layered a coat of BATAG over the pinkie and pointer. 
KPT Blood as Thick as Gold and Colorbar Mauve Like Me stamped
I also stamped over the ring finger with a crackle design from XL A plate using Revlon Sugarplum. Though I fully expected to hate this manicure, strangely I liked it because the layering brought out the pink shimmer in BATAG which added a little zing to the manicure. As you can see in the pictures, there's no colour transition during the cold. 
While I wonder why I bought this, I now know I can salvage this polish by layering it over another colour. Which one do you suggest? Don't forget to comment below!

Check out the other participants here:


Pin It

0 comments:

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment