Pages

18 August 2014

AIS: Yellow base

Pin It
Hi lovelies,

Some of you might know that I am a member of Adventures in Stamping, a stampaholics group on Facebook. They have a challenge for every Sunday, and this week, it was doing nail art on a yellow base.
Since yellow is a colour I do not use regularly, I thought it was a good idea to meet the challenge.
Colorbar Sun Blaze stamped with BM 206 using MdU White

I used Colorbar Sun Blaze, a bright buttery yellow, from the Quick Finish range as my base. As with most yellows, this one was streaky despite all my careful ministrations. But when I added a coat of Wet N Wild Kaleidoscope -- a clear base filled with holo micro glitters, to add some sparkle, the polish levelled out.
And then, I went ahead and smudged by middle finger real bad. So, I layered a coat of Color Club Gingerbread, a gold-based holo glitter to cover up my mistake.
Colorbar Sun Blaze stamped with BM 206 using MdU White

Since it was a stamping challenge, I used the flower buds image from BM 206 and stamped with Mundo De Unas White. This toned down the 'yellowness' of the polish, and made it more wearable for me :)
How did you like this manicure? Don't forget to drop a line.

Pin It

0 comments:

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment